Secure your Home Network or Business using the pfSense firewall with confidence!
Hello and welcome to the course I wish I had when I started with pfSense.
My name is Stefan and I am an officially certified pfSense professional. I had the pleasure of learning what I know directly from Jim Thompson (the CTO and a Core Team Member of Netgate/pfSense).
After finishing this course, you will have everything you need to operate all the basic functions of a pfSense firewall with confidence, and you know how to navigate through your firewall with ease. You can use this knowledge if you want to implement a pfSense firewall in your home network, but you will also be able to integrate and operate a pfSense firewall in a business environment. This is a hands-on course – you are encouraged to follow through with all of the steps as I do them on your own firewall.
Please note that you don’t need a physical appliance to follow along with this course. A computer with 8GB of RAM is enough to run a virtual machine with pfSense (covered in the course).
Since integrating pfSense into my own home network many years ago, I immediately fell in love with it. Back then, there were hardly any guides or tutorials for pfSense – so I decided to create my own – which has helped to turn my YouTube channel and my blog into one of the most popular resources for pfSense on the internet.
I have also worked with pfSense professionally in a startup for several years, where I built a complete hybrid-cloud setup using multiple pfSense firewalls – so I have seen both worlds.
- This is the only Udemy course taught by an officially certified pfSense professional
- Because of the experience with the community of my blog and my YouTube channel, I know what people struggle with most and I pay extra attention to those topics
- I leave nothing out – I don’t assume you have any prior knowledge
- Everything is up-to-date – this course was made with pfSense 2.5.2
- This course will always stay up-to-date. If anything changes, I update the course accordingly
In the end, I also tried to make this course fun. I am not a fan of “dry” content, so I’m throwing a lame dad joke in here and there to loosen things up and keep you motivated.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who wants to better secure their home network
- Administrators who want to secure their business with cutting-edge firewall technology on the cheap
- Everyone who wants to learn about firewalls and how they work in general
- Aspiring students looking for a career in networking & security
- Cyber Security professionals looking to secure their network and educate themselves on the topic of firewalls
- Everyone curious to learn more about firewalls and networks