Level up your Python programming skill by building a complete Python Database Management System with Tkinter in Python
- This course requires the basic knowledge of python and tkinter
A database management system (DBMS) is a software package designed to define, manipulate, retrieve and manage data in a database. A DBMS generally manipulates the data itself, the data format, field names, record structure and file structure. It also defines rules to validate and manipulate this data.
Database management systems are set up on specific data handling concepts, as the practice of administrating a database evolves. The earliest databases only handled individual single pieces of specially formatted data. Today’s more evolved systems can handle different kinds of less formatted data and tie them together in more elaborate ways.
Over time, the models for database management systems have changed considerably. This is a key part of understanding how various DBMS options work.
The earliest types of database management systems consisted mainly of hierarchy and network models.
- The hierarchy model is one where each node or component has a child/parent relationship with one other node or component.
- In the network model, the difference is that a single component can have multiple relationships – think of this as a single node being able to “multicast” connections.
However, over time, these models became overtaken by something called a relational database. In the relational database model, individual components have attributes that are linked to their identities through a database table design. The rows and columns of an individual database table include those identities and attributes in such a way that traditional structured query language or SQL can be used to pull various kinds of information on these relational models.
In this course, we covered the following topics that helped us to build full functioning Database Management System from scratch:
1. How to setup a Database
2. Project Setup
3. Logo and Title
4. Entry boxes for new records
5. Database Display Box
6. Time and Date
7. Adding menu bar
8. Viewing Database Table
9. Add New Record
10. Delete Record
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to skill up his/her Python programming skill by building a complete database management system from scratch