Level up your Java programming skill with Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) and Swing technology for absolute beginners
- You will have the basic knowledge of Java programming
Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) is an application programming interface (API) for the programming language Java, which defines how a client may access a database. It is a Java-based data access technology used for Java database connectivity. It is part of the Java Standard Edition platform, from Oracle Corporation. It provides methods to query and update data in a database, and is oriented toward relational databases. A JDBC-to-ODBC bridge enables connections to any ODBC-accessible data source in the Java virtual machine (JVM) host environment.
JDBC (‘Java Database Connectivity’) allows multiple implementations to exist and be used by the same application. The API provides a mechanism for dynamically loading the correct Java packages and registering them with the JDBC Driver Manager. The Driver Manager is used as a connection factory for creating JDBC connections.
JDBC connections support creating and executing statements. These may be update statements such as SQL’s CREATE, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE, or they may be query statements such as SELECT. Additionally, stored procedures may be invoked through a JDBC connection. JDBC represents statements using one of the following classes:
Statement: the statement is sent to the database server each and every time.
PreparedStatement: the statement is cached and then the execution path is pre-determined on the database server allowing it to be executed multiple times in an efficient manner.
CallableStatement: used for executing stored procedures on the database.
Update statements such as INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE return an update count that indicates how many rows were affected in the database. These statements do not return any other information.
Query statements return a JDBC row result set. The row result set is used to walk over the result set. Individual columns in a row are retrieved either by name or by column number. There may be any number of rows in the result set. The row result set has metadata that describes the names of the columns and their types.
There is an extension to the basic JDBC API in the javax.sql.
JDBC connections are often managed via a connection pool rather than obtained directly from the driver.
When a Java application needs a database connection, one of the DriverManager.getConnection() methods is used to create a JDBC connection. The URL used is dependent upon the particular database and JDBC driver. It will always begin with the “jdbc:” protocol, but the rest is up to the particular vendor.
In this course, we covered the following from scratch:
- Database setup step by step
- How to create Database table
- How to Create Database connection
- Create Database login page
- How to add image to the login page
- How to create a new tap using JFrame
- How to populate a database table
- How to hide passwords
- How to insert data into the database
- How to update the database values
- How to delete a data from the database
- How to auto-refresh the database table
- How to use Combobox in the database table
- How to create a clear button
- How to select data from the database
- How to authorize delete action from database
- How to add search engine to your database
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to skill up his/her Java programming skill by building a complete database management system from scratch