We’ll cover everything you need to learn to create your first gem and a little extra
In this course, we’ll do a few things:
- First, we’ll understand how rubygems and bundler work
- Then we’ll create an API wrapper for medium
- Then we’ll document it, pack it and publish
- And in the end, we’ll talk about maintenance, how to market your gem and where to find inspirations
By the end of this course, you’ll know about all the required steps to create a gem: from an idea in your head to a tar hosted on rubygems servers. The final product is already posted as a ruby gem and if you want to take a look at what you’ll be building search for a medium_api gem at rubygems. It also means that if you encounter any problems along the way there is a 100% working version of the code you can consult with. However, if you are stuck or have any questions I’ll be glad to help.
This course is intended for Junior/Middle developers. However, if you’re an experienced ruby programmer I believe that you may still learn something new from this course. For example, the evolution of ruby ecosystem and how tools have evolved from a simple install script to a bundler.
This course has a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied you can have your money back
Who this course is for:
- Junior/Middle ruby developers